Inhalt der Seite
wiiw is looking for a full-time statistician.
- Creation and update of time series of economic indicators for the institute‘s proprietary databases
- Research in international databases for appropriate indicators, download of data, calculations, statistical and econometric support of the analytical work of the economists
- Presentation of data in tables and graphs
- Attention to methodological comparability in all data work
- Contribution to internal projects by the statistics department
- BA or MA in economics, statistics or mathematics
- Affinity to numbers, attention to detail, structured work habits
- Understanding of and interest for economic indicators
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office, in particular Excel, Word and Excel graphics and PowerPoint; Knowledge of Stata or comparable programming skills necessary
- Very good language skills in English and basic knowledge of German are required; knowledge of a Slavic language is welcome
- Ability to work in teams
The position is for 40 hours per week. Remuneration for this position will be EUR 30.000 or above, depending upon qualification.
Starting date: March 2014
If you are looking for an interesting and challenging position in an international team and good working conditions you should apply.