Fiscal Policy Alternatives for Romania
03 November 2010 4:00 pm
Varujan Vosganian, Former Minister of Economy and Finance, Romania
wiiw, Rahlgasse 3, 1060 Vienna, lecture hall (entrance from the ground floor)
The presentation will focus on the following topics:
- The impact of the global crisis on Romania – the causes of the hard landing.
- Government policies and economic processes in 2009 to Spring 2010 leading to the IMF agreement.
- Results of the IMF evaluations under the support programme – fiscal policy alternatives, measures and results in 2010.
- Fiscal strategy for 2011-2012 – is a new agreement with the IMF necessary?
- The importance of EU programmes for economic development and fiscal stability.
- Currency stability and Romania’s road to the euro.