Shift to the East
|Hardcopy||€||35||add to cart|
|CD-ROM, MS Excel tables (+PDF) + book||€||72.5||add to cart|
The FDI inflow to Central, East and Southeast Europe reached a new high in 2006, EUR 77 billion, 30% more than in the previous year. But the FDI inflow and its growth were unevenly distributed. The inflow was stagnating in the NMS-5 but increasing in Southeast Europe and the European CIS. This publication provides an analysis of recent developments and prospects of FDI. It tackles all major issues brought forward by the latest statistics: FDI inflows and outflows, inward and outward stocks, forms of FDI and trends in FDI related earnings, and changes in FDI by home/host country and by economic activity. It also summarizes information on Austrian FDI in the region as reported by the host countries.
The analysis is followed by two sets of tables: Tables I contain total flow and stock data according to the respective countries’ National Banks, while Tables II provide more detailed FDI data by economic activity and by country. The main source of data are the National Banks of the individual Central, East and Southeast European countries. FDI flows are taken from the balance of payments, stocks from the international investment position statistics.
The wiiw Database on FDI contains some 3200 time series and is available in print and PDF as well as on CD-ROM. The latter version contains longer time series and provides tables in HTML, CSV and MS Excel format. The publication is issued at the end of May each year, when most data for the previous year have been published.
The print (PDF) version includes data on
- FDI total inflow/outflow in EUR and USD, 1999-2006
- FDI total inward/outward stock in EUR and USD, 1999-2006
- FDI per capita (flow, stock) and selected other reference parameters on FDI, 1999-2006
- FDI inflow/outflow by form in EUR, 1999-2006
- FDI income (inflow and outflow) in EUR, 1999-2006
- FDI inward/outward stock data by activity (NACE A-Q, DA-DN), 2003-2006
- FDI inward/outward stock data by home/host country, 2003-2006
The CD-ROM version contains in addition
- longer time series: from 1990 onwards (as far as available)
- more detailed breakdown by industries (NACE 15-37)
- FDI inflow/outflow by activity (NACE A-Q, DA-DN, 15-37) and by home/host country
- FDI stock by form
Reference to wiiw databases: wiiw FDI Database
Keywords: foreign direct investment, acquisition, outsourcing, privatization, statistics, new EU member states, Southeast Europe, CIS
JEL classification: C82, F21, O57, P23
Countries covered: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Visegrad countries, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Baltic States, SEE
Research Areas: International Trade, Competitiveness and FDI