Slovakia after the June 2010 Elections: Economic and Political Choices
21 June 2010 5:00 pm
Julius Horvath, Central European University
wiiw, Rahlgasse 3, 1060 Vienna, lecture hall (entrance from the ground floor)
This presentation deals with the economic and political situation in Slovakia in light of the June 2010 elections.
The lecture highlights different features of the Slovak economic and political reality.
The issues discussed will be:
- the question of the convergence to the EU-15
- political tensions between Hungary and Slovakia
- educational reform, advantages and disadvantages of euro introduction
- response to the current euro crisis in light of the Slovak economy
- perspectives of Slovak fiscal adjustments
- the question of growth recovery
- description of the political spectrum with emphasis on the new coalition government