Ten Years After the 2004 EU Enlargement: Achievements and Next Steps
24 April 2014 10:00 am
24 to 25 April 2014
Oesterreichische Nationalbank & Palais Niederösterreich, Vienna
The conference will celebrate the tenth anniversary of the accession of ten Central Eastern European and South European countries to the European Union. It will reflect on achievements and lessons learnt and discuss possible future political and economic developments in Europe:
- Lessons Learnt from Past Enlargements: Achievements and Challenges Ahead
- The Economic Crisis and How to Resuscitate Convergence in Europe
- The Conduct of Macroeconomic Policy Pre- and Post-Accession
- Towards Stability in the Western Balkans
- Overcoming New Chasms in EU´s Neighbourhood
- European Integration and Nationalism: Two Steps Forward, One Step Backward
- A Century of European Disintegration and Integration: 1914-2014
The conference is organized jointly by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs (BMEIA), the Austrian Federation of Industries (IV), the Institute for Human Sciences (IWM), the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) and The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies (wiiw).
P L E A S E N O T E: Due to the vivid interest and room capacity constraints, we are forced to close the registration for the conference. We are setting-up a waiting list for interested conference participants. Please send your name and e-mail address to Karin.Weiss@oenb.at, so that we can get in touch with you in case space becomes available.
- International conference 'The 2004 EU Enlargement − Ten Years After: Achievements and Next Steps'
- Video documentation for the conference 'The 2004 EU Enlargement − Ten Years After'